Pages

Thursday, August 9, 2012

Let's pick a Harley Quinn


Let's say the day comes when we get Harley Quinn in a live-action Batman film. I definitely have a set of particular actresses who I think would do her justice on the big screen. Now, not to say that an up and coming new actress may be yet discovered to take on the role, but I picked from the more mainstream pool of current actresses. 

Emma Stone

Stone would be my numero uno pick to play Harley Quinn. She is definitely a favorite of mine and I think she has the right mix of goofy and tough -- and she has proven that she has great comedic timing! I know, I know, I've heard the one complaint most people have made about her: her voice is too deep and raspy!  Well, she is an actress everyone. I'm sure she can manage to get a higher vocal pitch if she was to be Harley Quinn. She has the big eyes and smile to match the character too.

Zooey Deschanel

Speaking of quirky, Deschanel is the queen of all things quirky. She has the right amount of comedy and spunk that would be perfect for the role. Her voice comes pretty close to how Harley Quinn would talk, she would just need to take it a little higher. Plus, I'd love to see her as a blonde and take on a look that is not so familiar to her trademark vintage-semi-hipster-New-Girl-style. 

Amanda Seyfried

I am not the biggest Seyfried-follower but she definitely came in mind when I thought about this topic -- mostly because she basically looks like Harley Quinn anyways. The heart-shaped face, the blonde hair, the big eyes and the lips. She may not be the best in my book but she has proven that she has some acting chops. Though she might be more of a romantic and angsty Harley Quinn.

Elle Fanning

She might be too young currently to take on the role but if a reboot happens ten years down the line, Fanning would certainly be old enough. I've only seen her in the movie, Super 8, but man... this girl can truly act! If another Nolan-esque Batman trilogy gets made in the future, she can certainly take on a grittier and loonier version of Harley Quinn. 

Who would you pick to play Harley Quinn?

No comments:

Post a Comment