Pages

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Bane's Right-Hand Man, an Unsung Character


Am I the only one who sat through The Dark Knight Rises (multiple times) and wondered about Bane's right-hand guy? The actor's name is Josh Stewart, possibly familiar to people who has seen him on television on shows like No Ordinary Family or Criminal Minds.

In The Dark Knight Rises, he was Bane's obedient but nameless lackey. We see him every time we saw Bane, pretty much -- even at the very beginning, as he pretended to "turn in" the men, along with his boss, to the  CIA agent (it's a trap!). From the start, I noticed Bane surrounded himself with nice looking, young men (cough). 

A quick jaunt over to IMDB, I learn that his character's name is Barsad in the film. Although his character didn't have any development in the movie, I liked the way he played him. He is quiet next to Bane but when he speaks, there is a specific quiet confidence he projects. Like in the scene on the bridge when he was confronted by the military. He delivered his lines with a soft and knowing smile: "No, but you do." 

I have so many questions about Barsad. 

Where did Barsad come from? Why is he loyal to Bane? Is he loyal to Bane or to the League of Shadows? Is he a well paid mercenary or a terrorist who was willing to sacrifice himself? What led him to this life of killing for a so-called greater good? What is his favorite color and does he have a girlfriend? 

I guess we will never know. I doubt I'm the only one who wondered about him as much as I did. I better avoid searching for the Fanfics. 

No comments:

Post a Comment